Here’s week 22 of the 52 Lists challenge from Moorea Seal.
I had loads of fun with this once again. Back to using the carolingian minuscule because it’s my favourite and I felt its roundness suited the theme better than the other scripts I use. I’ve gotten a bit rusty with the break, but I’m still satisfied with the result.
The theme this week was one that’s pretty close to my heart, as I am very very very fond of the person I am with and hope this lasts forever. I was in a bad relationship before and now I’ve ended up with the most awesome person on earth, so writing this little love-letter-list was a fun challenge and a beautiful reminder of some of the things I cherish about him. (There’s lots more, but I won’t go on because it’ll make people jealous )
Week 22 // List why you love someone special
You make me laugh // and smile // and cry with happiness // You make me feel so good // You’re a great listener // An even better talker // You say the loveliest things // Our conversations keep us up all night // Among other things // You’re beautiful, kind, generous, sexy and bloody funny // At least that’s what you think // You take care of me // You see the good in everything // You believe in me and support me // You are you and you let me be me // Being with you is being home // Plus you have the best feet ever
Also, I’m going to consider this as one of my entries for the Find Your Voice Challenge this week. Check it out it’s awesome.
Prompt one was create something you love (which I did) and write 5 things about it that make you happy. Here goes:
1) Calligraphy. I’m currently in love with calligraphy and am always glad when I find the time to practice it.
2) Inspiration. I’d love to re-create this a little tidyer, and seperate from the 52 lists. And then give it to my boyfriend. Or maybe frame it for our bedroom or something.
3) I got to celebrate our love. My relationship is a huge and wonderful part of my life, and I love creating things to document how I feel about it and capture the memories.
4) Artstuff. I get to play with my favourite toys.
5) Sticking with the challenge. I often get offtracked when committing to long-term projects and I’m proud to say that I’m up to date and right on track with this one, and have managed to put my own creative twist on it with my calligraphy.
6) Plus I get to take photos and have a blogpost as a result. All around creative exercise.
How do these reasons compare with my creative goals?
I love creating stuff. I love writing. I love designing. I love playing with ink. I like making stuff. I love getting creative in the name of love. And all of those played a part in the creation of this piece. <3